1) The beds have one big duvet cover. No sheet. This means an all-or-nothing mentality — choose before you go to bed whether you want to roast or freeze for the night.
2) English candy is much more exciting than American candy. Care for some Tiddly Pots? Toodle Pips? They've got 'em.
3) Don't ask for food at the pubs past 5 o'clock. The night has already started as far as they're concerned.
4) Don't hurt yourself looking for the other half of the shower door. It's not there. That's just the way it is.
5) Always bring an umbrella. Because, yes, it will rain.
6) At the Globe? Debating whether to wear that trash-bag-looking poncho or to save your dignity? Ditch the dignity. Wear the poncho. You'll thank me later.
7) It's ok to have ice cream for lunch.
8) In fact, try the To Be or Choc To Be Sundae or go to the As You Like It Café.
9) Try to make as many references to Shakespearean verse as possible in one day.
10) Fall in love with England.
Hey, I've enjoyed reading the blog! I'm a fellow UCLA-er, staying at home in LA this summer but reading the blog helps me feel like I'm in the UK :). I'll be spending the fall 2010 quarter in London, so all the tips are appreciated!
As for a real comment on this post:
#2: be sure to try Jelly Babies if you can! I've heard they're tasty and they were made famous in the 70s by a British sci-fi TV show.